StarOS™ has reached it’s fourth generation with the introduction of
GeckoV4™, a powerful Wireless platform that is designed for
Enterprise-class networks that require a high level of flexibility,
performance, and reliability. GeckoV4™ is a WiFi router Operating
system / Firmware for Wireless ISPs, designed for PCs and Embedded
(arm, mips, x86) devices. Powerful enough to run your mission critical
Enterprise systems, but with an ease of use that is the hallmark of
our StarOS™ product line. Featuring a powerful ssh-based, mouse point
and click user Interface that offers a robust, and real time
experience even on poor connections. This software is great for those
who like to Do it Yourself (DIY), but our resellers also offer
embedded Enterprise routers for those needing hardware without the
hassles of building the systems by hand. Our GeckoV4 software is a
complete solution for both WiFi and Routing. The GeckoV4 series
supports most flavors of Qualcomm Atheros 802.11abg, and 802.11n
cards, with rates up to 450 Mbps (802.11n 3×3).
- Management is via SSH, making use of an easy to use
- Support for multiple network interfaces.
- Support for multiple IPs on each interface.
- Complete Atheros support listed below.
- Static routing.
- Policy (source) based routing.
- 802.1d bridging with STP.
- 802.1q VLAN Ethernet-over-IP (EoIP) support via VDS for LAN over
LAN and VPN designs.
- Dynamic routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP, and OLSR).
- Mesh networking via OLSR.
- Network monitoring via tcpdump and ping, and beacon (real-time
- Command-shell with common networking tools DHCP client and full
featured server w/ static and dynamic IP assignments.
- Firewall and Port Forwarding (via internal scripting language, or
iptables pass through).
- NAT, and Static 1:1 NAT (DMZ).
- Class-based Queuing (CBQ).
- Layer-7 filtering.
- Recursive DNS server.
- PPPoE Client and Server.
- Live over-the-air firmware upgrading.
- Complete 11abg radio card support.
- Complete 11n HT support up to 450Mbps (3×3, TxBF).
- Support for 5, 10, 20, and 40 Mhz wide channels for both 11abg and
- Licensed frequency support (2.4 – 2.7, and 4.9 – 6.1) GHz.
- Complete support for a wide range of Atheros mPCI, mPCIe, PCI, and
- Strives to be compliance based with both FCC and CE regulations.
- Unused cards can be disabled for lower power consumption and RF
- Detailed association display with live stats.
- Support for over 200 associations per card.
- Link distances up to 30 km.
- 11n AMPSU and AMPDU Aggregation support.
- Adaptive Noise Immunity (ANI).
- Robust rate control.
- Auto and Fixed rate support.
- Fixed and Auto channel selection.
- 802.11e QoS.
- Dynamic WDS. (client bridging).
- 802.11i WPA & WPA2/RSN (PSK, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, and EAP-PEAP).
- Built-in WPA PSK and EAP authentication.
- Radius-based WPA EAP authentication.
- Shared-key and Open-system WEP (40, 64, and 128-bit keys).
- Static ACLs.
- Radius ACLs w/ accounting and session limits.
- Managed support (enhanced client control).
- Low signal threshold to eliminate clutter of distant weak radios.
- High signal threshold to eliminate clutter of nearby strong